First Call for Presentation
The conference is intended to share the knowledge, new findings, and experiences on the state-of-the art of IP and optical networking technologies among the industry and the academia. It features technical sessions and exhibitions. The opportunity to participate is open to all.
The Technical Program Committee (TPC) for iPOP 2018 is soliciting presentation proposals for this conference. Protocol design, experiments, theories, implementations, and operational experiences are solicited.
The topics of the conference will include but not be limited to the following:
* SDN/NFV expectation and Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) for 5G
* AI-assisted/autonomous operation and control
* Automation of network operation and management (zero touch provisioning, etc.)
* Intent-based networking
* Policy-based management
* SDN for packet and optical transport networks
* Network abstraction/virtualization
* Service function chaining
* Control of network slices
* Open Source Software (OSS) for SDN/NFV
* Network requirement for IoT
* Optical networking/switching for cloud services
* Control plane (MPLS/GMPLS, OpenFlow, etc.)
* Multi-Layer/Region Networks (MLN/MRN)
* Traffic Engineering (TE), Path Computation Element (PCE)
* Flex-grid/elastic optical networks
* Data center and WAN orchestration
* Carrier Ethernet and MPLS-TP for backhauling
* Quality of Service/Experience (QoS/QoE)
If you wish to submit a topic for consideration, please send an extended abstract of 400 words and a maximum of 1 page, including figures and diagrams, speaker’s name, affiliation, and contact information to the TPC at firstname.lastname@example.org.